Monday, September 15, 2008

sleeping with an electric blanket. woke up at nine a.m. this morning. came downstairs and mum and chatted for a while. it was like she had been saving up. then i went for a walk in the park across the street. it is by a public golf course. the older male golfers joked around with me. funny. then had a bite to eat and off mum and i went on a day of errands. had to find the australian version of a notary - they are evidently called Justices of the Peace. I had to have them witness me signing a Power of Attorney. Lots of false starts including one JP who refused to assist because she didn't want to be "implicated." finally found one at the real estate agent's office where mum bought her townhouse. when asked who sold her the property, she answered "he has been a naughty boy" - he was convicted for raping the office secretary and is currently serving 5 years. needless to say, they much preferred to talk about my power of attorney. then went to find a fedex. they looked over the form for a good ten minutes to make sure i filled it out ok. also have gotten forms to get an aussie driver's license, have enrolled for and got national free healthcare, and have my bank account updated. and my sister put some money on the pre-pay mobile phone for me. came home, watching tv online and my sister turned on the tv and told me to use headphones. she needed to watch deal or no deal.

No comments: